NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER, PLAY OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THE SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESISDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF FLORIDA, NEW YORK, AND RHODE ISLAND), THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AND CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) WHO HAVE REACHED THE AGE OF MAJORITY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. DESCRIPTION OF SWEEPSTAKES: Entrants will have the opportunity to enter to win one (1) grand prize package from Bugaboos Eyewear Corporation (the “Sponsor”). Entrants must fill out an official entry form available online at: www.ryderseyewear.com/win-mtb-adventure.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (excluding residents of Florida, New York, and Rhode Island), the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding residents of Quebec) as of the time of entry and through completion of the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is open only to individuals who have reached the age of majority in the State/Province/Territory where they are located, as of the start date of the Sweepstakes. Employees of Sponsor, Participating Stores, and each of their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotion and other vendor agencies involved in this Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Parties”), as well as the immediate family members (defined as spouse, parents, siblings and children; whether biological, adopted, step or in-law) and household members of such employees, are not eligible to enter or win. Void in Florida, New York, Rhode Island, and Quebec, and where prohibited or restricted by law. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial/territorial and local laws and regulations.
3. SWEEPSTAKES TIMING: The Sweepstakes will begin at 12:00:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (“ET”) on Sept 9th, 2016 and will end at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on Sept 22nd, 2016 (the “Sweepstakes Entry Period).
4. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes, go to www.ryderseyewear.com/win-mtb-adventure and complete the official entry form. The online form must be completed by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on Sept 22, 2016. Limit one (1) entry per person. If Sponsor discovers more than one (1) entry is received from the same person, all such entries from that person and/or email address will be disqualified. No entries may be submitted on behalf of another person. No mechanically reproduced entries or envelopes are permitted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, damaged, incomplete or post due mail/entries.
5. PRIZE DETAILS/ODDS OF WINNING: One (1) Ryders Eyewear Chilcotin Backcountry Trip of a Lifetime Sweepstakes grand prize package consisting of a trip for the winner to Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. The prize includes:
a. Round trip coach airfare for winner between the major United States or Canadian airport closest to the winner’s residence and an airport in or near Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (with possible layovers, as determined solely by Sponsor).
b. Round-trip ground transfers by passenger van from Vancouver to Tyaughton Lake, including bike transport.
c. One-night accommodation prior to the trip in Whistler, BC.
d. Float plane to Lorna Lake.
e. Self-supported (i.e., supplies to be provided by winner and guest unless otherwise noted) three (3) day guided mountain biking trip for two (2). Meals and accommodations in Tyax backcountry cabins and spike camps will be provided during bike trip. Trail routes may vary depending on skill level and/or weather.
Winner and guest each must bring the following items:
ii. Sleeping bag liner or cotton sheet (sleeping bags supplied);
iii. Rain jacket or light puffy jacket depending on weather;
iv. Change of clothes (chamois, long sleeve shirt, light pants for camp, socks);
v. Camp towel (light travel towel);
vi. Personal toiletries/medications;
vii. Flashlight or headlamp;
viii. Hat/Toque for wearing against elements and sleeping;
ix. Backcountry travel items;
x. Hydration day pack. Must be large enough to fit a lunch & the above items.
The prize does not include:
a. Personal supplies, excluding food provided in Tyax backcountry cabins as noted above (e.g., clothing, bear spray, bike parts, etc.)
b. Bike repairs.
c. Medical costs.
d. Emergency evacuation.
f. All necessary travel documents (including Passports if winner and his/her guest is from the United States).
g. Loss or damage of personal property.
h. Transportation to and from the airport closest to the Sweepstakes winner’s home.
i. Assembling and disassembling bikes for transport.
j. Packing/boxing of bikes for transport.
k. Rescheduling or other changes requested by the winner after the trip is booked.
Odds of winning are dependent on number of eligible entries received. The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) for the grand prize awarded in the Sweepstakes is approximately $5,000 ($CAD) based on a Toronto departure example and approximately 5,500.00 ($USD) based on a Chicago departure example. Actual retail value may vary and depends on location of winner’s residency and dates of travel. Any difference between actual value and ARV will not be awarded. All other expenses not specifically provided herein are the responsibility of the winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portions thereof) of equal or greater value if the prize (or portions thereof) cannot be awarded as described or become unavailable for any reason. If the winner (and/or his/her guest) does not utilize any part(s) of the prize, then any such part(s) not utilized will be forfeited in their entirety and nothing will be substituted in their place. Sponsor will determine all elements of prizing in its sole discretion. Travel restrictions, conditions, limitations and blackout dates may apply. Trip is booked and must be completed September 30-Oct 2nd 2016. Winner must have all documents necessary for travel.
6. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: This is a mixed game of chance and skill. The potential winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries on or about Sept, 23rd, 2016, and if he/she is Canadian, he/she must correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question without aid or assistance to be awarded the prize. The potential winner will be notified within one week of the drawing by postal mail or email at the address provided on his/her entry form (the “Winner Notification”). Included with the Winner Notification will be an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release or if Canadian, and a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (“Prize Claim Form”). Potential winner will be required to complete, sign and return the Prize Claim Form (where legal) within ten (10) days of the postmark date on the Winner Notification, or the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate potential winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. No prize will be awarded to a potential Canadian winner that fails to correctly answer the skill testing question and/or for any potential winner that fails to complete, sign, and return both the Prize Claim Form and Guest Form. If Winner Notification is returned as undeliverable, if potential winner fails to complete and return Prize Claim Form in a timely manner as directed, or if Sponsor determines that a potential winner is ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to alternate potential winner in a random drawing of the remaining eligible entries. Sponsor will make up to three (3) attempts to award the prize and if the prize remains unclaimed, the prize may not be awarded in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Submitting an entry or accepting the prize in the Sweepstakes constitutes full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent on fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Prize may not be transferred, and no substitution or cash redemption of the prize is allowed except that the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the featured prize becomes unavailable or cannot be awarded as described for any reason. Taxes (federal, state, and local) on the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner (if applicable), and winner will receive a tax form for the retail value of the prize (if applicable). Winner is responsible for any costs or expenses associated with their acceptance and use of the prize.
8. GENERAL TERMS: By entering, participants agree to release and hold harmless each of the Sweepstakes Parties, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Sweepstakes or any prize won, including any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes, acceptance, use or mis-use of a prize, or participation in and/or travel to/from any prize-related event. The Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing of this offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize winner. The Sponsor reserves the right to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes if the Sponsor determines (in its sole discretion) that (a) fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Sweepstakes, (b) any event corrupts the administration or security of the Sweepstakes, or (c) the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is or could be undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor’s control. In such event, the Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to award any prizes from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such event. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud, tampering or unsportsmanlike conduct is suspected, or if the entrant fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated in these Official Rules. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
By entering and accepting a prize, winner grants (and agrees to confirm such grant in writing promptly upon request) to the Sponsor the right to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, and statements at any time or times for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the World Wide Web, without review, notification, approval or additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, DISPUTES, ARBITRATION AND CHOICE OF LAW: IN NO EVENT WILL ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPANT’S ACTION TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
Except where prohibited, participants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by an action in the Federal or State Courts located in the State of Rhode Island, Providence County and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant and the Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Rhode Island without regard for conflicts of law doctrine of any jurisdiction.
10. WINNER LIST: The name of the winner may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by Octoberber 15, 2016 to: Bugaboos Eyewear Corporation, 758 Harbourside Dr., North Vancouver, BC V7P 3R7, Canada, Attention: Ryders Eyewear Chilcotin Backcountry Trip of a Lifetime Sweepstakes Winner List. Residents of the United States may omit return postage.
11. SPONSOR: Bugaboos Eyewear Corporation, 758 Harbourside Dr., North Vancouver, BC V7P 3R7, Canada